Wilmington, DE 7 September 2020: Democratic Presidential nominee Joe Biden has said American workers can’t take four more years of his failed leadership.
Joe Biden added “Donald Trump promised to be “the greatest jobs president God ever created.” But in reality, he’s on track to become the first president in modern history to leave office with fewer jobs than when he entered”.
Today, we honor the generations of union workers who fought for the rights, power, wages, and benefits that built and sustained the great American middle class, said Joe Biden.
The economy wasn’t working for folks long before this virus hit. That’s why @KamalaHarris and I won’t just build back to the way things were — we’re going to build back better. We’re going to make sure everyone has a fair shot to get ahead.
- The fact is we’re more than six months into this pandemic, and: –
- 11.5 million Americans don’t have their jobs back –
- Almost 30 million are on unemployment –
- We’re down 720,000 manufacturing jobs –
- Nearly 1 in 6 small businesses have closed their doors.